Schizophrenia is a rigorous unceasing psychological sickness distinguished by psychotic warning signs, mood swings, and cluttered thoughts.
An individual suffering from schizophrenia often faces intricacy while distinguishing between what is genuine and what is make-believe. This characteristic often manifests into social indifference and withdrawn behavior, including difficulty expressing oneself at social gatherings.
The symptoms of schizophrenia have comprehensive consequences, and affect how the sufferer functions at home, school & work.
In addition to psychotherapy, medication is a very important part of the residential treatment of schizophrenia to help patients regulate judgment and discernment. Residential treatment of schizophrenia is particularly useful because it permits mental health practitioners to try out different medications and therapy types in an environment safe & secure for the patients while they zero in on the best plan of treatment.
Following a holistic treatment plan, designed by a qualified mental health professional can facilitate individuals struggling with schizophrenia live a more balanced life. Residential treatment of schizophrenia normally includes:
- Nutritious Diet: The meals which are served to patients struggling with schizophrenia should be highly nutritious and satiating for effective recovery to ensue.
- Medication: Antipsychotics are used to treat schizophrenia. More often than not, patients are administered one drug or a combination of drugs to assuage their symptoms of schizophrenia.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). CBT is often used to help patients learn to recognize and normalize their abnormal thoughts and behaviors
- Creative Therapies like art, music and drama therapies are implemented as part of residential treatment.
- Family therapy and education. Involving the patient’s family helps educate them about how they can support the patient in times of need
- Relaxation and mindfulness techniques. Alternative and holistic therapies may also be used to treat schizophrenia. Usually, meditation, yoga, and exercise are imbibed into the routines of patients.
- Professional Para-Medical Staff who support mental health professionals and patients round-the-clock.
- Detailed Assessment is carried out to accurately diagnose the phase of schizophrenia the patient is in. The stages of schizophrenia are: prodromal, active, and residual.
- Personalized treatment: After assessment, a tailor made treatment plan is to be fabricated in accordance with the requirements of the patient.
Leave a comment