Depression Rehabilitation Centres & Depression Treatment Centres in Delhi, India
Sadness, feeling down, having a loss of interest or pleasure in daily activities – these are symptoms familiar to all of us. But, if they persist and affect our life substantially, it may be depression.
Long-term sadness and hopelessness, not consistent with circumstances, are characteristics of depression. Depression is a condition with negative connotations. It purely applies to an inconsistent, inappropriate and prolonged response to an event or circumstance in life.
Indeed there may be depression even when there is nothing in a person’s life to cause it, known as Anhedonia or a general feeling of lack of interest in the pleasurable activities of life. We must understand that a person with depression is not a social pariah or someone who is to be proscribed from society. This person needs care and attention. The person must seek help from depression counselors right away.
Endorphins are natural painkillers and hormones released by activities like exercise. That is why exercise has an anti depressant effect. Depression which is out of sync and disproportionate needs medical attention and help, as this person can envisage self harm or suicide. So, when attendants or caregivers to such a person notice a problem, it is always wise and necessary to seek medical and social support. A lot of grieving can be taken care of by offering a helping hand.
Depression Causes & Symptoms:
- Reduced interest in activities which used to be enjoyed earlier
- Insomnia (difficulty sleeping) or hypersomnia (excessive sleeping)
- Psychomotor agitation, for example, restlessness, pacing up and down
- Delayed psychomotor skills, for example, slowed movement and speech
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt
- Impaired ability to think, concentrate, or make decisions
- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide, or attempt at suicide
- Abnormal weight loss (without dieting) or low appetite
Treatment of Depression at Tulasi’s Psychiatric Hospital & Rehabilitation Centres:
Depression is a treatable mental illness. There are three components to the management of depression:
- Support, ranging from discussing practical solutions and contributing stressors, to educating family members.
- Psychotherapy, also known as talk therapy, such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).
- Drug treatment, specifically antidepressants.
We at Tulasi have the best psychiatrists of Delhi in our team for treatment of depression and for inpatient treatment of depression and anxiety. Our depression counsellors also do depression counselling in Delhi.
Substance abuse is common among people who are battling a depressive disorder. Because alcohol is a central nervous system depressant, the use of alcohol tends to trigger depression symptoms like lethargy, sadness and hopelessness. However, many depressed individuals reach for drugs or alcohol as a way to lift their spirits or to numb painful thoughts. As a result, depression and substance abuse feed into each other, and one condition will often make the other worse.
When an individual has both depression and an addiction, it is called a Dual Diagnosis. A Dual Diagnosis can be made up of any combination of a mental disorder (anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder) and addiction (drugs, alcohol, sex, gambling). Dual Diagnoses that include depressive disorders are among the most common forms of the problem.
We have a highly qualified and experienced team of psychologists and psychiatrists who treat depression and addiction effectively. Our long term treatment programs ensure that there is no depression relapse in the future. Our comprehensive program along with family therapy ensures relapse prevention in the long run.